Thursday, March 20, 2014

Treats from Retreat...

Last weekend was the Boston and Seacoast Modern Quilt Guild joint retreat and it was fabulous!  This was the first time I was able to participate for more than one day and now that I've been able to stay for an entire weekend, I never want to miss another one!

We spent three full days and nights of sewing and socializing in Kennebunk, Maine...although since I was just getting over a mega-flu and still had no voice (except for a squeaky facsimile), my sewing was far more productive than my socializing.  I hope that no one was too offended that I wasn't talking too much!  (And a big thank you to my tablemate Sarah for braving the germs and keeping things ridiculously fun!!)  Getting to see everyone's projects in progress and the steady stream of finishes was quite a treat.

I'm waiting until this weather cooperates so that I can get some better pictures of the Littlest quilt top that was finished, but in the meantime let me share with you all the treats from retreat!


On Saturday, we had a raffle for some amazing prizes - I bought two tickets and was totally blown away to win two prizes: an amazing fat quarter pack of 22 Robert Kaufman blue solids and a variety of charm and candy squares!!


We also received a swag bag when we checked in and mine contained a 4-pack of Mormor fat quarters and a bag of "scraps" (they were all WOF strips and one was about an eighth of a yard, but most were quarter yards and larger!).  See that peacock print?  I've been drooling over that for a while and now that I have some in my hot little hands, I've got some big plans for it!


And of course I couldn't resist the siren song of Mardens, but I was incredibly restrained.  I only purchased a large cut of Amy Butler for a quilt backing and a smaller cut of a pretty print for the stash.

I can't wait to share my finishes with you, so hope for sunny weather and dry ground - it IS supposed to be spring now, right?

5 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better now! Those are some awesome scores! Love blue kona FQs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were not that squeeky. :D Somehow I totally missed seeing your cute little charm packs! Which is probably good, I would have been tempted to sneak one away.... I'm so glad you made it for the full weekend, and we need to plan more bowling before next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazed at your control at Mardens! Love the "siren song"...very funny and accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really cleaned up on that one:-) Wish I'd seen that Amy Butler print... the downside of visiting Marden's on the last day! Such a fabulous weekend, so glad you made it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I'm amazed at your restraint. I could never be that good there. Hope you're feeling 100% now.

    ReplyDelete