Monday, March 24, 2014

Little One Almost Done...


My main goal for the BMQG/SMQG retreat was to finish a baby quilt top and have it ready to baste and quilt.  One full day of sewing, trimming, and pressing later, and I was ready to check that off my list!


It seems that up here in New England we are either having rain, snow or heavy wind which made this finished top a little difficult to photograph.  Hopefully once this is a true finish, the weather will be more cooperative.

Most of my photos were variations of this...
I'm planning on doing very simple quilting along the diagonal lines of the herringbones as suggested in the Quilty pattern that I took this from, but I'd also like to add a few hand quilting details in some of the fussy cut blocks of the rabbit families - maybe a heart or two?


The Littlest line of fabric by Art Gallery is so sweet and the colors are simply delicate - it's a perfect gender neutral collection for baby quilts or garments!


\My other big goal for the retreat was to get a really good head start on the time-consuming tilted stars - I was able to get about half of the alphabet done!  More on those blocks coming soon...

Linking up:

Fresh Poppy Design
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! It will be great to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute, and a great pattern, seeing more and more done with this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute quilt. I love those little bunnies saying "Hello"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt. I think the little hand-quilted hearts is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love that line of fabric, and you picked a great pattern to show it off. I'm sure it will be very sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious quilt with that pretty fabric, especially in Spring. The stars look like a great project too even with the time consuming nature of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! have to add to my list! x Teje

    ReplyDelete