This is the second month in a row that I've waited to finish my Sisters' Ten blocks until the very end of the month...maybe one of my goals should be to flip it and reverse that trend! Any who...the block for March is School Girl's Puzzle. My fabrics were all lined up and ready to go...
...and then they just sat there for a while. Sorry guys.
|Thankfully octopi can't judge...|
But once the last week (or rather, the last few days) of the month were looming, I got into gear and hammered out both blocks. I really like these blocks, but the brightness of the fabric and the color combination seems to be really hard to photograph (the aqua prints in particular always look like they're glowing - sorry if I'm burning your retinas, readers). I'm hoping that once the full quilt top is all together, it won't look so off in pictures.
I'm ridiculously proud of these blocks because I actually consistently matched my points and seams - I must be getting better! I'm also loving that since I've converted to an almost fanatical use of Best Press, everything lies so flat and crisp.
I also managed to cut all of the large negative space and sashing pieces this month, so at least that's out of the way for later in the year.