Friday, December 6, 2013

Right Around the Corner...

It took me a little bit of time, but I finally figured out what I wanted to do with the back for my Amis Rangoon quilt and now there's no stopping me!


I always knew that I wanted the Les Amis print to be the main attraction on the back, but when I looked at laying out all my Amis scraps in a bunch for the backing, it was just way too busy to let those cute Amis shine.  Instead I went out and bought a bunch of Kona Charcoal to frame them.  I echoed the fussy cut square border from the quilt front and then finished it all off with a gray/green print from my stash.


Since I struggled so much with the brown background fabric on the front, the backing was a cool comfort on my eyes.  Honestly I think this makes it a "reversible" quilt!

So now it's onto the quilting and binding - hopefully this will be in its new home well before the holiday!


6 comments:

  1. Wow! That backing is just perfect. Love the print you choose, one of my favorites. And little squares around it are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh love the back! Kona charcoal is one of my favorites and it looks lovely with that panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hema's right, that back is great and could easily be the front if the other side also wasn't so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reversible for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous way of using everything up! I love both sides, but if anything this side looks more grown up - so you can flip it depending on your mood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great Stephanie! And a reversible quilt is always extra fun! - Kate

    ReplyDelete