I've seen lots of Anna Maria Horner feather quilts out there and I wanted mine to be a touch different but I really struggled with how to accomplish that. Messing around with some graph paper, I finally got it. Instead of a typical block layout, I laid mine out to mimic the general outline of one single feather. Love it. But in doing that and figuring out how many rows I would need, the top turned out positively ginormous.
Queen sized to be exact - far, FAR larger than anything else I've ever done. I can't even begin to imagine the quilting that is possible for this quilt.
And just in case inquiring minds want to know, I did end up taking out the sections that had the large white splotches. And with all of the different trips that I had to take to replenish my Kona bone supply, there are three different dye lots in one quilt. Though you can't tell in photos, you can definitely tell in person. Oh well - I still think this top is gorgeous!